The fast-growing biotechnology sector in Karnataka has been facing a severe shortage of industry-ready graduates and post-graduates for a long time. In an effort to fulfill the needs of the industry, Padmashree has started a unique course where the students will be trained extensively in the field of Food Processing and Nutraceuticals.
Skill up gradation and job orientation is the main objective.
Complies with National Skill Quality FrameWork guidelines of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
Industry participation in curriculum design and delivery.
Multi-exit and Entry options with industry internship at every exit point.
100% industry internship and Job assistance.
Training from entry level jobs to entrepreneurship.
Course provides vertical and horizontal mobility.
About the Course :
Padmashree Institute of management and Sciences is proud to announce a unique course M.Voc. affiliated with Bangalore University which is recognized by DDU KAUSHAL KENDRA which is a skill enhancement program. This course helps students to become industry ready and gives life science students excellent opportunity to acquire skills and apply them in the 6 months industry internship which is a part of the curriculum.
MULTIPLE ENTRY EXIT PROVISION
- A candidate entering the first year has options to do a one-year diploma, two-year advanced diploma or full three-year B.Voc.
- Affiliated to Bangalore University
- UGC Recognized
2 years (4 Semesters)
- The unique program is available only at PIMS in Bangalore.
- Under the Skill India initiative by Govt of India, the multi-entry multi-exit program offers the opportunity to get trained in job-oriented courses.
- The curriculum is designed to provide training from entry-level jobs to entrepreneurship.
- The course provides vertical and horizontal mobility to fit students’ interest.
- The course content is designed to equip the students with industry-specific skills via industry internship for a period of 6 months as a part of the curriculum.
- Our college has MoUs and tie-ups with over 30 food processing industries within and outside Karnataka to provide internship opportunities for the students.
The course is also designed to groom the students into entrepreneurs.
Candidates with M.Voc are employable as Executive/Officer/Technical Officer/Scientific Officer/Scientist in R&D/QA/QC and production divisions of food and beverage, pharma, nutraceutical and herbal industries.
Candidates who have passed the three-year Bachelor’s degree (in Biotechnology/Biology/ Botany/Microbiology/Zoology/Biochemistry/Food Science/Food Nutrition/Home Science/Life Sciences) examination of Bangalore University or any other University considered as equivalent thereto, with the respective subject as optional / major / special / main subject, are eligible for admission to the programmes provided they have secured a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate of all subjects and 45% (40% for SC/ST/Category-I candidates) marks in the cognate subject.
Eligibility for Lateral Admission to M.VOC (SEMESTER III) :
Candidates who have passed the four (4) years Bachelor’s degree (in Biotechnology/Biology/ Botany/Microbiology/Zoology/Biochemistry/Food Science/Food Nutrition/Home Science/Life Sciences/Agricultural Science, Dairy Sciences, Horticulture, Forestry, Fisheries, Pharmacy, Engineering (Biotechnology/Food Science/Food Technology/Agricultural Engineering) or M.Sc in any branch of life sciences of Bangalore University or any other University considered as equivalent thereto, with the respective subject as optional/major/special/main subject, are eligible for lateral admission to Semester III of M.Voc program provided they have secured a minimum of 45% marks in the aggregate of all subjects (40% for SC/ST/Category-I candidates).
- Food Processing and Nutraceuticals Technology
- Chemistry of Food and Nutraceuticals
- Basic Techniques of Food Processing and Nutraceuticals
- Food Safety and Standards
- Methodologies in food processing
- Techniques in Nutraceuticals and Nutrition
- Fermentation and Enzyme Technology
- Nutrition and Metabolism
- Machinery, Packaging, Labelling and Regulations
- Formulations and Ready to Eat Technologies
- Methodologies in Enzyme Technology and Fermentation
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Project Report
- Food and Allied Industries
- Nutraceutical Industry
- Biochemical and Microbiological Techniques
- Safety, Regulations, Control and Entrepreneurship
- Industrial Practices in Food and Nutraceuticals
- Practices in Biochemical and Microbiological Techniques
- Soft Skills
- Industry Internship, Project Report, Presentation and Viva-voce