Postgraduates in biotechnology are eligible for BITP internships as well as fellowship grants from central research organizations.
The job opportunities lie in
About the Course:
The course is designed to equip the students with the necessary skills to excel in the various domains of biotechnology ranging from the research and development to bioprocess engineering.
The curriculum involves exposure to various segments of the domain and appreciation of the rapidly growing technology in the field.
Students are encouraged to further their expertise in various affiliated domains such as IPR and biosafety as well as hands-on experience in tools and techniques via extensive practical experiments.
Students are encouraged and assisted to earn projects, grants and fellowships. Assistance to join internships in the relevant industries is provided to ensure the students are industry-ready.
- Affiliated to Bangalore University
- Recognised by Government of Karnataka
2 years (4 semesters)
Postgraduates in biotechnology are eligible for BITP internships as well as fellowship grants from central research organizations. The job opportunities lie in academics, research, health sector, clinical research, drug design, product development.
- B.Sc. with any Life Science subject securing 50% marks in all the three optional subjected in aggregate.
- B.Sc., Biotechnology/B.Sc., Biotechnology (integrated) with 50% marks in aggregate
- B.Sc., (Honours) in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology or Biology with 50% marks in aggregate
- Bachelor in Agricultural Sciences, Dairy Sciences, Horticulture, Forestry, Fisheries, Pharmacy, BE (Biotechnology), Medicine, Dental, and Agriculture Engineering with minimum 50% marks in aggregate
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Genetics
- General Microbiology
- Enzymology and Biochemical techniques
- Immunology and Immunotechnology
- Molecular Biology
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Plant and Agricultural Biotechnology
- Animal Biotechnology
- Genetic Engineering
- Open Elective: Applied Biotechnology
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Medical Biotechnology
- Genomics and Proteomics
- Project work