A first of its kind Flagship initiative by Dept. of IT, BT & Science & Technology, Government of Karnataka and supported by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, Recognized by Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises (ABLE)
- Students are provided with 100% internship in BTFS and others are referred to various industries for jobs.
- PIMS has MOU’s and Tie-ups with 15 industries and 54 Industries offered internships
The Journey of BTFS:
The fast-growing biotechnology sector has been facing a severe shortage of industry-ready students. In an effort to fulfill the needs of the industry, the Karnataka government in association with the ABLE and Industry representatives has developed a mechanism to provide employment opportunities in the sector.
- Padmashree BTFS is one among the 12 institutes selected by Government of Karnataka
- Only Institute providing training in Nutraceuticals and Food Processing
- Successfully completed 5 batches with high placement record.
- Regular industry visits and industry mentorship is provided
- All PIMS BTFS students presented posters in Nutra summit and Bangalore India Bio Conferences